Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve Party

Noticed that my previous post was a little immature. Was just overexpressing my unhappiness with the er, strictness of my parents. But what everyone told me is true, they have reasons. Anyways, what happened on Christmas Eve wasn't as bad as i expect it. so, here goes.. hehe



Christmas Eve..


It started with melvin picking me up from my new house to go to Jusco to get some groceries for the evening. While waiting for me to get ready, (sorry bie!) i invited him into a room where it was filled with awkwardness. My grandma was there with my younger cousin, sitting at the dry kitchen (facing the main entrance) and my mother was walking all over cleaning up the house... yeah, he was lost there for a minute.. then my dad saw him and said "hi".. for a second there, we were wondering if he had mistaken Melvin for one of the construction workers in the house cause of his almost "vietnamese-uncle" look.. but well, he was friendly.

he came right upstairs and knocked on my door like some idiot when i was using my parent's bathroom. (mine didn't have any hot water at the moment!!) anyways, haha, then i came out and he was sitting on a chair in the hallway looking so lost.. kesian.. anyways, we woke chensern (my younger brother up) and went to Jusco. We went to Metroprima cause chensern wanted to pick up some friends.

all the groceries and snacks my brother chose... amounted up to RM400!!! what the hell costs so mucH!!??! my mom said, next time don't cook. just buy food. It's WAY CHEAPER.

anwyays, we got home, started cooking. and before we realise it, it's 7! and i haven't bath!

we cooked :

Mushroom Soup. Baked Stuffed Mushrooms. Baked Chicken Wings. Mash Potatoes with Gravy. Cheese and Macaroni (staleeee). Coleslaw.

Michelle and Suyen prepared :

Lasagne. Cheesecake (yumM!!)

and the rest brought :
Drinks and a christmas present for the HOST! hehe..

HERSHEYS! love it. Thanks!


The night was basically a dinner and karaoke till late night. michelle was on a low profile that night.. till when everyone almost left! THEN she start to sing! invited her to sing in the beginning, nooooOOOO.. "no mood la.. songs too emo la.. " but glad u opened up in the end! sorry u couldn't be at a better place. So was Melvin. so quiettt.. TILL EVERYONE LEFT!!! tsktsk..

Suyen was fuN! so was the rest! Weng keong, Weng Kin, Yi Wang, Wai Seng, Daniel, Angel (really sweet voice!!), DeZien and all. hehe.. thanks for being such good sports!













Thank you everyone for coming! i hope u had fuN!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas eve was funnnnn. But the awkwardness when i came to ur house was wow. Hehehe. But it went well. And yes i hope they dont mistake me for a worker there. Cause thanks to tammy for pointing that out. I am a full blooded chinese. No vietnam!!! Anyway everything was nice that night. Except the mac and cheese. was kinda soft and stale. Was rushing through it. And host never take photo with me. Wu wu. I sad. Sorry if i am a spoil sport but i shy. Hehehe. Oh yeah, i just realise my voice is bad. Couldnt sing like last time. I want my uncracked voice!!!! Hehe. But it was fun. Hehe MERRY CHRISTMAS. Where my present!!! Hehe. kidding.

Dee said...

If anyone's expressing gratitude, it should be me. It's a great party.

Thank you. =)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Chai Yee Lyn said...

haha, i'm honoured! thanks! hope to see you around soon! ciao! Happy new year!