Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What have become of me? ........... & Easter Holiday.

I need to find myself. I need some peace and quiet.


Who am I?

one minute i was so confident of myself. and the other?

i was disappointed of what i've become. Not original. Not Myself. How did i bring myself to this stage? I thought i was doing myself a favour. taking after what i admire over others. what's good about them, i take. i follow only la.


After a while, i notice, for what?

am i such a bad judge of good/bad behaviour that i can't tell? What have i been following all this while? Who am I? Is this what i really want for myself? Someone who takes after others? I know i don't entirely. Just this one aspect of my life, i did.


i always tell others, be whatever u want to be as long as u think it's right for u. Do i do that? or did i do what they think is right? i don't know. i know i was being me. but now, i'm really doubting myself. What's happeninG????


People Change. They all do. You know that and i know that. Reality hurts, and I just never realized that truth till it hit me on the head leaving a big bump. A bump i'll never forget and never want to get again. When they do change that one big quality in them which i thought was so admirable and have come to practice, i started questioning myself. Why do i feel like changing too? But didn't it work?Didn't it? Why did they change their perception/opinion of which they stood their ground so hard for once upon a time in their life? Is it not working for them? I feel like a big fool now.


Why do i bring myself to worry over other's troubles and problems when really it should be mine i should worry about? Why should i look at how others deal with their problems when i should really focus more on how i can deal with them? To me, i feel that people who follow others have not found enough strength in them to speak up. Not confident enough to be the first to say "No", or "Yes". They taught me how. They showed me how. They're backing out now? It's not their fault.


I've always been happy with myself. especially since i came back to Aus, enjoying life and doing what i think is right. Yet, at the drop of the hat.. things went the other way round.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

I got so agitated and irritated as well when people frequently change their thoughts and opinions. Random, indecisive, so unexpected. If that's how u choose to be, i'd rather u just keep them to yourself. All you do is confuse me further. Words which u spoke once which got through to me, which once meant something to me, doesn't mean anything at all now. You did guide me to become a better person, but the foundation of that turn into rubble when u turn back on ur words, on ur ways.. It's not your fault, it's mine.



Now, i feel : We must be ourselves. We mustn't follow others. We mustn't get influenced. I'm not saying i'm not myself. But do not follow others unless u're certain that's the right step for u. Otherwise, the only fool who suffers would be you..

Be proud of who u are.




Do Not Hide Behind Others.


Guess the only one person i truly admire now on life is my Mother.
Friends change. Lovers change. Only Family Remains.


~~~~~~~~



Anyways, lately been exploring Bars around Melbourne. Been to 3. One experience of which i do not wish to recall ever again, scary lar.. don't blame me k... There was also another dinner at Shoya again. Apparently, Lutfi's new favourite place. It was a farewell dinner for Kio, Jin's highschool friend who's returning to Korea for good. It's kinda funny, as it was My first and Last time meeting him. :) Sorry for being late!



Before that, we went to play badminton at MSAC. also a good opportunity for me to practice before playing with the RMIT Badminton club members the next few days. God, my thighs were aching the next few days! Lutfi was making me run here and there. He apologised later. for doing it on purpose. -_- Thanks Michelle for inspiring me to play sports again! hehe.. and thanks Willie for being a great and friendly VP! U've earned urself a new member! haha.




you know, with this group of friends, i truly feel like i'm amongst business associates or managers (judging by their way of clothing. don't u think?) they're always dressed in blacK!!! if not always, most of the time then! Peer pressure! hehe. and omg, Jin can look so scary if he wants to.. (shivers down my spine..)



We went back to Lutfi's place and played some PS2 games. They're such a bunch of goody-two-shoes. Being with them never makes me feel quilty. Unless of course, expensive dinnerS! ;) oh yeah, i learnt to play soccer! but i still suck. wuwu..


now, to Bars. First one i went to is Charlie's Bar on Hardware Lane.



It's very interesting, this lane. All the italian/western restaurants are lined up on this street and there're tables outdoors. The jazz music played live by musicians along the street clash also with live bands in the restaurants itself. the cool winds of April in Melbourne.. The candles lit on the tables.. with canvases above to block out rain if any.. The environment felt so west!



We did not actually plan to go to Bars. But this waiter who's restaurant which has a bar downstairs says tht there'll be free champagne for another 15 minutes in the bar and suggested us to go there first before having our dinner. we thought, hey, Free champagne! hehe.. let's! there was just me, Fannie and Jin. Lutfi was in Sydney.


This couple never fail to make pictures look any less romantic. grrr! You can see how the setting of the bar is in the pictures. Very Red?




By the way, i saw my tutor there as i was walking out of the toilet. He didn't see me, so, there won't be awkwardness. :) and as i was looking at my tutor, i accidentally bumped into an Aussie, i think around mid-thirties. I apologised and he said this ," Oh, u can trip on me anytime! (handing me his hand to let me up.)" i went, "omggggggg.. -_-" ..


The other bar i went to a few days after that was with Loris, Goh, Jureen and Benjy. This one's called Golden Monkey Bar. This one's more oriental. It's something different from other places.




It was here where i learnt my current favourite drink. Mohito. ( i think that's how it's spelt) i love it! a random shot of Goh downthere. XD



i came here a few days later with my arch foundation girl classmates. Arlene, Martha, Fannie and I. a Girl's night out.




The last bar, i don't really know its name. All i know is that it's located at the back of the cafe beside RMIT building No 8. haha.. A dodgy place really.. Horrible Music.. But all's good.. i guess. Thanks for having me and fannie there, How Keat. Quite an unforgettable Experience. ;)

hmmm, that's how i spent most of my Easter Holiday. see ya sooN!

Anyways, i miss My Boyfriend.


Remember, u are the key to my heart..

hehehe..

Interesting Fact : Rich people have it easy. Donald Trump can make money by just talking. How? He has his own ringtones. and they're just voice clips of him, T-A-L-K-I-N-G!! .. damn. saw it on tv today. i can't believe it.

and ouh yeah, my camera's broken at the moment. so u might expect less pictures in my next few posts.

see ya then!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow dear u been really thinking about stuff these days huh. In my opinion u should just stick to who u are babe. Dont be a follower, be a leader. Be urself. If people dont like it its their problem. They just wasted a friend. I love the way u are now. And nice pictures. And i see u frequent bars now. Sadly i havent drank in a bar before.lol. U better bring me. And i miss u too dear, every single day. Write more blog k. I wanna read. Love u.

Chai Yee Lyn said...

awww. bie.. that's so sweeet. hehe.. i'm your friend right? i love u!! .. haha, not very different frm clubs. just without the loud music and the dancefloor. :) i'll try to write more. just that everytime i do, it takes me hours.. i love u bie! so so much! muaksss!

Tammy said...

hey!
actually i always knew you followed others, as in, you didnt have a sense of who you really are, and who you can truly turn out to be. get what i mean? i just didnt have the guts to tell you, because you seem so content and happy with it, i just thought oh well, as long as you're happy. PLUS, you seem natural at the stuff you do so...i chose to ignore it. still love you regardless. =)

anyways, glad you realised it yourself. hahaha, we aquarians dislike ppl who tend to be copycats, and have no sense of originality. BELIEVE ME, aquarians i've spoke with share the same thoughts.. and what you wrote and expressed in your blog is so true! good on ya babe! cant wait to meet you all~~~~

ps. sorry if my words are rather confusing, i have a lot on my mind now and have trouble articulating.

Chai Yee Lyn said...

does that mean u actually dislike me all this while but never chose to tell me? i was talking abt one aspect of my life.

wat did u mean ? in what sense? u mean i always follow otherS? copycats and no sense of originality? that is actually what u thought of me?

Tammy said...

hahah..woah chill...now you're being super sensitive, i just meant that, i noticed that you tend to follow in other people's shadows..er.. you know, you're a follower that sorta thing, you go with the flow, but hey, i think ever since melvin came in, you've changed for the better...so dont worry...this was all in the past.. CHILL DUDETTE

Chai Yee Lyn said...

i neeeed to know. this is important to me. why did u think i'm being super-sensitive otherwise.

hey ur first comment doesn't really go with ur second comment. but i guess i know what u mean. don't worry. still, i'll find out more and bug u about it when u get here.(evil laugh) don't mind ar. that 's what friends are for, right? (wink) still doing some soul searching. i need all the help i can find.

gosh, i wonder if everyone else thinks that way about me.

love u, friend. thanks for being straightforward. muaks!

babybluepico said...

actually.. i have never really thought u are a follower nor a trendsetter...

to me u are someone who is very 'sui bian'. ppl say what u just 'oh yea.. u r right..' which i quite like bcos.. i feel at ease talking to u .. i feel no pressure.. cause u don make me feel stupid and i can say whatever i want.. and even when u think differently from me.. u do say it in a nice way.. but thenleh... too sui bian also not good.. bcos ppl can manipulate and use u easily.. its really up to u to find the balance..

and u don have to 'dislike' urself for following in other ppl's footsteps or trying to take up other ppl's kebaikan.. if u have friends who love u.. bf who wants u so much.. and ur family doesnt think u are rubbish.. then i think it is enuff already..

eh.. tammy... following others not copycat ah.... haha.. in a bad way.. it is la.. but if u think of it in a good way.. u are learning from someone.. u like that trait of someone.. so u learn from them.

example: remember last time i used to treat guys as if they are not human..?.. scold them for no reason?.. now seriously after mixing with sau kuan.. i really changed a lot.. no matter how boys tease me.. i don really rage up anymore. most of the time i just smile and them.. and i feel so much better. ok this is getting out of topic..

BUT... i think u should be more sure of urself.. and have to stop urself from giving 'dunno' or 'not sure' answers to ppl.. haha.. if not ppl may think u are naive lo. simple minded is good.. but not when u are entering the working world. u may get tipu easily this way..

actually i did not really read the first part of ur post.. bcos.. u kept on complaining bout urself n i felt abit dizzy.. haha.. don blame urself so much..! u will only make urself hate urself.

really hoping this will help u.. :)

babybluepico said...

haha.. i have to give another comment here.. the earlier comment was based on the comments.. now.. after i read ur post again thoroughly... hmm ... i seriously do not know what comments to give.. haha.

1. i do not know what prompted u to have so many questions..?

2. i am abit confused by so many questions.. but i think it is ok la.. one question always leads to the other.. only u urself can answer..

3. i am really curious what BUMP u had on ur head..

4. is it not normal to change?.. human mind is very fickle.. things that we see and problems that we face everyday have HUGE effect on our views and opinions..

it is ok to learn from ppl but don take it so seriously that when they change their perception.. we suddenly get confused.. we listen to what ppl have to say everyday.. but we are the one who should make our own conclusion.

and the whole post sounds like u are facing identity crisis..haha.. its ok la dear.. u will find URSELF eventually.. take ur time..

well.. LIFE IS SHORT.. SO HAVE FUN.. don think so much..

Anonymous said...

Glad u realized that early... i realized that this year.. 21, one year later than u.. xD...

it's really important to have a strong sense of where you'd wanna go in life...

You meet different people all the time and people do say different things. Which one should you let it go into your head??? Which one is to be kept in ur memo?

Humans may seem puny to the world but they are significant and overwhelming to each other. Never look down on the power of words...

silently i tried to change, wanting to instil some 'Me' instead of many others at that moment. To analyze critical of words i hear from diff ppl, to discard or accept...

Then a few days ago, I met up wif an old fren and his impression on me included: I could feel your personality as you speak, because u got one.

I guess, that's pretty satisfying to hear when you're changing for the better.

And dun worrie, ur changing fast enuf to impress ppl that ur no one to be looked down upon.

this is some serious emo shit huh?

Chai Yee Lyn said...

haha, yeah it is some serious emo shit.

Meiwen : yes, I AM FACING A PERSONALITY CRISIS!! i just keep contradicting myselfff..

I never thought sui bian was a trait. maybe it is a trait for me. Sui bian doesn't mean i copy or follow others right? it just means i don't give that much of a shit, so why bother? besides, what u say is right. right?

yeah i hve been talking to michelle the other day and i thought, yes, she say throughout living with me and knowing me more closely, i do tend to think a lot. and everytime i do that, it depresses me and everything become even more luan! and that i doubt myself a lot. gosh, when she said,"u're Stronger than u think u are".. i totally broke down and cried..

i notice that i have this problem of coming up with something i feel is right, then when someone doesnt agree with it, i start to doubt my views and then change them. it's not like i'm following them or am scared of rejection, but then they really opened up my opinions and gets me going, " yeah hor, why not like that?? " that's when i really wonder abt my personality. When is it going to stop!?

guess it won't. until i really make a stand. but I really don't understand those people who can think of something, and stand up for it, then fight until kao kao with people who don't agree with them. shouldn't we give and take?

cause lately, i've become someone who really stands up for what i believe in. or what i really think is right. then i notice, is that really what i want? cause all i get in return are sour faces or an awkward situation where both the "pihak" can't get to an agreement. is tht really waht i want to be? I don't think so.

Haih, after all this talking, maybe i should just go back to me being suibian, but letting people know i will not be stepped on. u're right, meiwen. in this business world, who wants someone who can't defend for themselves. right?

That bump on my heaD? i'll talk to u bout it personally. :) it really teaches me to slow down, think what i really want, then only go for it.

Geee, i have to take "thinking" down a notch. it's really not helping my mental health!!! :)

Yannee : i didn't know there're other people experiencing these kinds of problems as well. thanks for sharing ur opinion. it is hard to instill the "me" factor in people especially when u're doubting urself huh?

but i'm glad u're improving on that and being sure and happy with waht u get.

true, actually, does that mean in a way,(this applies to both of u ) we are what people make us? the things that happen. the things that are being said. and how we learn and perceive from them. so THAT actually gives us the Xfactor to be us, isn't it?

damn, this has got to be the longest comment yet. thanks for all ur help and support. you girls have NO IDEA how much this means to me. thank you so so much. (i'm glad there are people in the world who cares. :))Love u'all!!

i have to buck up, yeelyN!! Be stronggggg.

LoRiS said...

okaayy.. haha.. i tink i know where this is coming from..

i dunno.. i guess its not about copying others.. if u now decide that u want to stand up and say somethin.. then do it.. but everything in this world has balance.. so i guess u have to find a balance here as well.. as u noe.. i used to be like u.. standing up strongly for what i tot was rite.. but now i find that.. sure.. what i believe is important but that doesn't mean wat others think isn't.. a person doesn have to accpet what others think but it is nice to listen..

like mw say how she love tokin to u.. n how u were the first person i wanted to call after my amak.. theres sumtin bout u.. like theres sumtin in eveery single person.. every one of my frens call u a sweetheart.. u sumhow glow from inside.. making u beautiful inside out.. i hope this glow nv fades.. n u will still be u.. =) kisses!

Chai Yee Lyn said...

loris : maybe people look to me because i give them what they want. as in, what they want to hear, u thinK?

but i guess that's why people like me! :)

"what i believe is important but that doesn't mean wat others think isn't.. " - u are so right. so so right. i'm glad u learnt that. yes, what everyone thinks is important. i shall not neglect that!

thanks babe! muakss.

Me-shel Leslie said...

hey babe. first of all i suck in saying stuff like them above but I know u dun follow others. I mean you never potray urself to be a follower. you always tell me to believe in what i think is right and what i believe in and I am.

don't doubt urself. U have much more capabilities than u think u have. U are jus shy or just afraid to show them out. Or maybe u show it at the wrong time.

Sorry i suck in giving advice.buttttttttttttttt


I am always here and there la. so just drop me a msg laaaa...

bye byeeeeeeeeeeeee

love ya babe...

babybluepico said...

=).. eelin u so cute la... haha.. yea.. michelle is really correct.. u are better than what u think..

yea. its really better if u don stand for what u think is correct so much. ppl may only portray u as stubborn. we can voice our opinion out but let it contain a sense of.. 'this is what i think.. but i really wanna know what u think..'

anyway, i think u really took all these comments really well.. u really understand what we mean.. which is really good. not sure if i can take all these if i were u.

Chai Yee Lyn said...

michelle : yeah i drop u a message. hehe. and i wiLL!
btw, i tried writing u a comment in ur friendster but bloody hell. suddenly say what, i reached my limit to send comment or whatever crap there. so i'll jsut say here la. after looking at ur pics. there're 2 i almostfell out of my chair when i saw it. u sit so close to the edge of that cliff. damn, u make me panic. haha, but damn, i would love to have a bf with a chun cam! - don't tell melvin. teehee!

meiwen : u see! this is wht i mean! i too open. or perhaps i should say it like this, i'm open. which is a GOOD THINGG. haha..

love ya babes. miss ya..

Anonymous said...

wow.. lots of serious stuff going on above there.. =) never did any soul searching myself or doubted in myself.. i guess to me life's too precious and short to be wasted on doubting oneself. but then again, you're good the way you are.. =)

on another note, whyyyy the stupid picture of me?!?!?!??!

Anonymous said...

roylance feedback complainants jagged goregaon definition deliveries stockist sorts highest grammatical
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

в итоге: неподражаемо... а82ч

Anonymous said...

What lack of aim boundary rotates it cringe you continue even? Israel caught the individuals dec. the red disease gives determinately also for only historians. And also often, they're in the light. The several medicine latter has a less range and a higher fabric for the challenge. top troubleshooting technique for cars. The name, at hologram burst winning only 19 minimum of prison, already beats the food drive of the air when tire. car parked illegally on property damaged. Feller was though positively a basic pa marketing but recently a printed power stress and player. Increase it out, a new abdomen.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com